Here is a list of all of the public presentations I have scheduled thus far in 2015. I’ll update it as time passes.
- “‘We will learn more about the Earth by leaving it than by remaining on it’: NASA and the Unintended Forming of an Earth Science Discipline in the 1960s,” in “Satellite Remote-sensing and Environment” Session, Society for the History of Technology annual meeting, Albuquerque, N.M., October 9, 2015.
- “Ike, Sputnik, and the Early Space Race,” Presentation to Dwight D. Eisenhower Society (DDES), Dobbin House, Gettysburg College, Pennsylvania, October 17, 2015.
- “Historical Perspectives on Pioneering Space,” NASA Chief Safety & Mission Assurance Officer Summit Event, NASA Safety Center, Cleveland, Ohio, November 3, 2015.
- “The Strange Career of the American Spaceplane: NASA and the Quest for Routine Human Space Operations,” Joe Sutter Black Tie Dinner, RAeS Seattle Branch, Seattle, Washington, November 14, 2015.
- Chair, “Imagining Science and Technology in the Shadow of the Cold War,” History of Science Society session, San Francisco, California, November 21, 2015.
- “Space: Journeying Toward the Future,” Rotary Club, Waterville, Maine, November 30, 2015.
- “Looking Backward/Looking Forward: Spaceflight in the New Millennium,” Goldfarb Center Lecture, Colby College, Waterville, Maine, December 1, 2015.
- Chair, “Pressing Issues: History Meets Public Policy Roundtable,” American Historical Association Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, January 8, 2016.