I was both delighted and enlightened by reading the paper of Raj Persaud, M.D. and Peter Bruggen, M.D., “The Psychology of David Bowie’s Major Tom.” It appears in Physics Today, and appears here. It asks the central question, “Is space flight a new religion?” I certainly think so and the authors quote my recent paper to make their case: “Escaping Earth: Human Spaceflight as Religion.” Astropolitics: The International Journal of Space Politics & Policy 11:1-2 (2013): 45-64. DOI: 10.1080/14777622.2013.801720. It is available on-line here.
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “A Little History of the World” launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/not… https://t.co/0B8A01PxQB 3 hours ago
- Found a great photo of VfR member Max Valier's rocket racer in 1930 on-line at the Library of Congress. https://t.co/B2vuvbvYL8 1 day ago
- Song of the Day: Bruce Cockburn's "If I Had a Rocket Launcher" (1984) is a protest song about war and violence: youtu.be/O9HFjErMMlA 1 day ago
- An Intimate Past? launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/an-… https://t.co/DFzYHKjKCn 2 days ago
- Rhonda Vincent & The Rage - "Is the Grass Any Bluer?" youtu.be/Yz5unjO85MU. A great bluegrass song about the great Bill Monroe. 2 days ago