This was produced more than a year ago, but still quite fascinating. CineFix has offered up a list of 10 outstanding improvised movie scenes. They include disturbing scenes by Marlo Brando and Martin Sheen from Apocalypse Now, Malcolm McDowell’s “Singing in the Rain” scene from A Clockwork Orange, Bill Murray’s “Cinderella story” scene from Caddyshack, Jack Nicholson’s “Here’s Johnny” scene from The Shining, and several scenes from the late Robin Williams. Some are hilarious, others are moving, a few are just plain creepy. What’s missing? I guess I would have included Neve Campbell’s When Will I Be Loved (2004), a largely improvised movie as an object lesson in what not to do with improvisation. It had long boring scenes, poor lines for the actors, etc. In fact, it was more like life than I wanted. Anyway, this is an interesting clip of great improvisations.
- Well, it was an engrossing few days for the AHCA: thehill.com/policy/healthc… https://t.co/LaDPkUSFX8 1 day ago
- For history friends, does anyone know where I might find David Packard's papers? Biography of David Packard paper-research.com/biographies/Da… 1 day ago
- Trump’s Defense of His Lies: ‘I’m President and You’re Not’ nymag.com/daily/intellig… via @intelligencer. Good lord, what have we come to? 1 day ago
- For my historian friends, has anyone used Melvin Laird's papers at Ford Library? Are there insights into his work as Secretary of Defense? 1 day ago
- This is cool, and to think I hated disco when it was popular: washingtonpost.com/news/going-out… 1 day ago