It’s the home opener for the Washington Nationals today so I thought it would be interesting to point readers to this blog post concerning two of my favorite subjects: baseball and aerospace. This post was written by archivist Elizabeth Borja of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum. Check out In the Batter’s Box for some pictures from 1956 of Kansas City Athletics team members and U.S. Air Force officials posing with some of the tools of their trades.
- This Long, Violent Border Dispute Between Colonial Maryland and Pennsylvania is Why We Have the Mason-Dixon Line flip.it/RO0ER6 2 hours ago
- The South Carolina backcountry in mid 1780 flip.it/Shw8zg I enjoyed this interesting article. 10 hours ago
- A Napoleonic President and L'Affaire Comey flip.it/IWMK2S Interesting perspective. 1 day ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “A Little History of the World” launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/not… https://t.co/0B8A01PxQB 1 day ago
- Found a great photo of VfR member Max Valier's rocket racer in 1930 on-line at the Library of Congress. https://t.co/B2vuvbvYL8 3 days ago