It’s the home opener for the Washington Nationals today so I thought it would be interesting to point readers to this blog post concerning two of my favorite subjects: baseball and aerospace. This post was written by archivist Elizabeth Borja of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum. Check out In the Batter’s Box for some pictures from 1956 of Kansas City Athletics team members and U.S. Air Force officials posing with some of the tools of their trades.
- Well, it was an engrossing few days for the AHCA: thehill.com/policy/healthc… https://t.co/LaDPkUSFX8 2 days ago
- For history friends, does anyone know where I might find David Packard's papers? Biography of David Packard paper-research.com/biographies/Da… 2 days ago
- Trump’s Defense of His Lies: ‘I’m President and You’re Not’ nymag.com/daily/intellig… via @intelligencer. Good lord, what have we come to? 2 days ago
- For my historian friends, has anyone used Melvin Laird's papers at Ford Library? Are there insights into his work as Secretary of Defense? 3 days ago
- This is cool, and to think I hated disco when it was popular: washingtonpost.com/news/going-out… 3 days ago