It’s the home opener for the Washington Nationals today so I thought it would be interesting to point readers to this blog post concerning two of my favorite subjects: baseball and aerospace. This post was written by archivist Elizabeth Borja of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum. Check out In the Batter’s Box for some pictures from 1956 of Kansas City Athletics team members and U.S. Air Force officials posing with some of the tools of their trades.
- Why Reconstruction Matters nyti.ms/1G2Xgay. Excellent exploration of important issue by Eric Foner. 5 hours ago
- Just played "Bang the Drum Slowly," a very good baseball movie, in the background while writing. Still well worth it. imdb.com/title/tt006976… 6 hours ago
- RT @AHAhistorians: Deadline for the AHA- @NASAhistory Fellowship in aerospace #history is April 1. Learn more & submit applications at http… 1 day ago
- RT @NASAhistory: .@astrosociety now taking nominations for the Ordway Award for sustained excellence in spaceflight history: http://t.co/ao… 1 day ago
- A hawk on the terrace at NASM this morning. http://t.co/d95e6Gqxrf 2 days ago