It’s the home opener for the Washington Nationals today so I thought it would be interesting to point readers to this blog post concerning two of my favorite subjects: baseball and aerospace. This post was written by archivist Elizabeth Borja of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum. Check out In the Batter’s Box for some pictures from 1956 of Kansas City Athletics team members and U.S. Air Force officials posing with some of the tools of their trades.
- Shakespeare: the burning questions about his life: flip.it/pN.Nk. Fun reading. 10 hours ago
- Game Changers: No divisions and new playoff format: flip.it/_SbFI. And the schemes just keep on coming. 11 hours ago
- Retweeted NASA History Office (@NASAhistory): #OTD in 1975 was the last flight of X-24B & the end of the lifting... fb.me/7z558ZHcA 1 day ago
- RT @NASAhistory: #OTD in 1975 was the last flight of X-24B & the end of the lifting body flight test program nasa.gov/centers/armstr… https:… 1 day ago
- In case you missed it... Your 60-second guide to heresy flip.it/bNPcS 1 day ago