I wanted to alert you all to a blog conversation about a set of recent books on Russian/Soviet space history and culture that is being hosted by the “Russian History Blog.” The conversation, which will continue throughout this week, brings together scholars such as Lewis Siegelbaum, Roshanna Sylvester, Andrew Jenks, Anindita Banerjee, and Asif Siddiqi. I encourage all to participate through comments. Check it out here.
- Redirect: “Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Weigh in on U.S. Space Policy”
- Homer Newell and the Early Post-War Space Science Program
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Beyond UFOs: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life and Its Astonishing Implications for Our Future”
- The Federal Government and the Development of Aerospace Technology
- What Were the Origins of Mormon/Non-Mormon Conflict in 1840s Nauvoo?
- For the ESPN team, we should just go ahead and crown the Cubs World Series champs: espn.com/mlb/story/_/id…. I'm rooting for 7 games. 8 hours ago
- Party politics aside, Austin-based Texas Republican releases most hilarious ad of the election cycle dailykos.com/story/2016/10/… 9 hours ago
- Retweeted Marcia Smith (@SpcPlcyOnline): Elliot Pulham has resigned as CEO of the Space Foundation.... fb.me/1lKopwPwS 10 hours ago
- RT @SpcPlcyOnline: Elliot Pulham has resigned as CEO of the Space Foundation. spacefoundation.org/media/press-re… 10 hours ago
- Jim Grossman has a good op-ed in the LA Times on the value of history: latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/… 1 day ago