Last week I published an op-ed in Space News entitled “Lessons from Terrestrial Exploration for Earth Orbit.” It focused on the history of European expansion beginning in the fifteenth century and the outcomes of that effort. In the process, Western Civilization expanded around the globe moving from exploration to use. I see the same thing happening in low-Earth orbit. Check out the op-ed here.
- RT @hist_astro: Wonderfully Kitschy Propaganda Posters Champion the Chinese Space Program (1962-2003) openculture.com/2015/01/vintag… http://t.co/zk… 23 hours ago
- 35 Slogans For College Majors If They Were Actually Honest. tickld.com/x/35-slogans-f… via @tickld. This is funny, but not so true. 23 hours ago
- RT @ScienceNews: The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the most photographed sites in NYC (& more in Flickr research) ow.ly/P3ZAB http:/… 23 hours ago
- Via @nprnews: Liberal Minority Won Over Conservatives In Historic Supreme Court Term n.pr/1M4mvKL. Interesting analysis. 23 hours ago
- RT @NASAhistory: #Today in 1687, Newton’s “Principia” was published, stating his laws of motion & gravity go.nasa.gov/1FOaweM http://t.c… 1 day ago