Last week I published an op-ed in Space News entitled “Lessons from Terrestrial Exploration for Earth Orbit.” It focused on the history of European expansion beginning in the fifteenth century and the outcomes of that effort. In the process, Western Civilization expanded around the globe moving from exploration to use. I see the same thing happening in low-Earth orbit. Check out the op-ed here.
- Retweeted Margaret Weitekamp (@mgtwspace): Tuning in a bit late but caught @Launiusr talking about speculation... fb.me/1vcvmwETK 4 hours ago
- RT @mgtwspace: Tuning in a bit late but caught @Launiusr talking about speculation about life on Mars. #waroftheworlds in #cosmo https://t.… 4 hours ago
- Just watched "The Zero Thereom." Offers Terry Gilliam's weird dystopian vision. But so do his other films: m.imdb.com/title/tt233380… 4 hours ago
- Public History: A Working Definition flip.it/tYR6P8. Thoughtful discussion of what public history means, and what it doesn't mean. 1 day ago
- I wrote about history of prospects for life on Venus in 2012: mdpi.com/2075-1729/2/3/…. See this new story on it: space.com/33758-venus-ha… 2 days ago