Last week I published an op-ed in Space News entitled “Lessons from Terrestrial Exploration for Earth Orbit.” It focused on the history of European expansion beginning in the fifteenth century and the outcomes of that effort. In the process, Western Civilization expanded around the globe moving from exploration to use. I see the same thing happening in low-Earth orbit. Check out the op-ed here.
- Redirect: “Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Weigh in on U.S. Space Policy”
- Homer Newell and the Early Post-War Space Science Program
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Beyond UFOs: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life and Its Astonishing Implications for Our Future”
- The Federal Government and the Development of Aerospace Technology
- What Were the Origins of Mormon/Non-Mormon Conflict in 1840s Nauvoo?
- Jim Grossman has a good op-ed in the LA Times on the value of history: latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/… 14 hours ago
- Redirect: “Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Weigh in on U.S. Space Policy” launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/red…... fb.me/37Zvxv4OC 21 hours ago
- Redirect: “Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Weigh in on U.S. Space Policy” launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/red… https://t.co/T0Z3ivQECm 21 hours ago
- Really interesting: sciencenews.org/blog/scicuriou… 2 days ago
- Retweeted NASA History Office (@NASAhistory): #OTD in 1797 French balloonist André-Jacques Garnerin became the... fb.me/8x0Udzpyn 2 days ago