My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Joseph Smith III, the Reorganized Church Presidency, and Divine Appointment wp.me/pwYu1-1Py 19 hours ago
- Review of “From ‘Dirty Shirts’ to Buccaneers: The Battle of New Orleans in American Culture” flip.it/7wseG 1 day ago
- Mars Missions (Including NASA’s) Are A Scam buzzfeed.com/danvergano/mar… via @dvergano. Some reality on the ideas concerning human Mars missions. 2 days ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The Cowboy Hero” wp.me/pwYu1-1Pb 2 days ago
- My Top Ten Teams at the Start of Spring Training in 2015 wp.me/pwYu1-1Pn 4 days ago