My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “To Save a City” launiusr.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/wed… http://t.co/t9UpQAxaoY 5 hours ago
- I'd like to right the wrongs of history, but there are so many of them. Where do I start? 1 day ago
- RT @airandspace: TDIH 1961: Pres. John F Kennedy announced before Congress goal of landing a man on the Moon: ow.ly/No7ai http:/… 1 day ago
- RT @airandspace: "Before This Decade is Out" lecture with Dr. John Logsdon on 50th anniv of Kennedy's declaration: ow.ly/No7aZ 1 day ago
- Baseball is dying ... again flip.it/x0Htk. Really, I doubt it. 1 day ago