My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Homer Newell and the Early Post-War Space Science Program
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Beyond UFOs: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life and Its Astonishing Implications for Our Future”
- The Federal Government and the Development of Aerospace Technology
- What Were the Origins of Mormon/Non-Mormon Conflict in 1840s Nauvoo?
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Science Talk: Changing Notions of Science in American Culture”
- Really interesting: sciencenews.org/blog/scicuriou… 2 hours ago
- Retweeted NASA History Office (@NASAhistory): #OTD in 1797 French balloonist André-Jacques Garnerin became the... fb.me/8x0Udzpyn 10 hours ago
- RT @NASAhistory: #OTD in 1797 French balloonist André-Jacques Garnerin became the 1st human parachutist, falling from a height of 680 m (2,… 10 hours ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Beyond UFOs: The Search for Extraterrestrial Life and Its… launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/wed… https://t.co/RtS2T37GTd 3 days ago
- The Federal Government and the Development of Aerospace Technology launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/the… https://t.co/L7o6pciS1f fb.me/8fOcCDbfw 5 days ago