My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- A Clash of Engineering Cultures? NASA Engineers, R and D Culture, and the Space Shuttle as an Operational System
- Immediate Outcomes from the Columbia Accident in 2003
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Print The Legend”
- What Happened to the Space Shuttle Columbia on February 1, 2003?
- Recalling the Challenger Accident Thirty Years Ago
- A Clash of Engineering Cultures? NASA Engineers, R and D Culture, and the Space Shuttle as… launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/a-c… https://t.co/njTNFbIpgJ 6 hours ago
- Retweeted Paige Roberts (@paige_roberts): Some autobiographical reflections on doing academic history and... fb.me/2JCOS7uQj 12 hours ago
- RT @paige_roberts: Some autobiographical reflections on doing academic history and writing history for public audiences https://t.co/4jaR8A… 12 hours ago
- The Troubled Academic Job Market for History flip.it/vWD8D This is a very disturbing trend. 21 hours ago
- Color me envious.@gtwhitesides twitter.com/gtwhitesides/s… 1 day ago