My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Announcing a Forthcoming Conference: “NASA in the ‘Long’ Civil Rights Movement” launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/ann…... fb.me/35eQ4NkYz 10 hours ago
- Announcing a Forthcoming Conference: “NASA in the ‘Long’ Civil Rights Movement” launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/ann… https://t.co/2RHn0rzf13 10 hours ago
- Good rundown of what DJT might have learned at NMAAHC when he visited last week. But,did he? washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tu… 1 day ago
- Reminds me a bit of Monty Python's sermon on the mount in "Life of Brian." denverpost.com/2017/02/21/don… 1 day ago
- This is a good story of how one Ph.D. in history applied his degree beyond the classroom, working in public history: historians.org/publications-a… 1 day ago