My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Looks like the majority of coal mining jobs were gone before even the start of the 21st century. twitter.com/jeffnesbit/sta… 17 hours ago
- Russia’s troubled space program is facing a major turning point: slate.com/articles/techn… via @slate. An article by my friend Asif Siddiqi. 18 hours ago
- For those who like maps, this pretty neat: petapixel.com/2016/08/06/nat… 18 hours ago
- I have to agree. twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/… 18 hours ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The Gravity Well: America’s Next. Greatest Mission” launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/8747... fb.me/GiPXe2AL 1 day ago