My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- on.wsj.com/2dvm85L: Trump would be "most unstable, proudly uninformed, psychologically unfit president ever to enter the White House." 9 hours ago
- Call for Papers — 2016 Sacknoff Prize for Space History launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/cal… fb.me/1ohdcRJtV 1 day ago
- Call for Papers — 2016 Sacknoff Prize for Space History launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/cal… 1 day ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “New Lands, New Men” launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/09/28/wed… fb.me/2sWLXQkv3 3 days ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “New Lands, New Men” launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/09/28/wed… 3 days ago