My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The Crusades” launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/08/16/wed… https://t.co/4MRN97EkRf 7 hours ago
- 10 Breweries with a Great View of the Solar Eclipse craftbeer.com/beercation-des… What a great idea, a pub crawl for the eclipse. 14 hours ago
- Let's hope so. twitter.com/maxglassie/sta… 15 hours ago
- Retweeted Max Glassie (@maxglassie): @Launiusr this is good news for the blog! 😀 15 hours ago
- There are no words, none, for the utter contempt I have for POTUS at this point for his support for white... fb.me/73oqPiryN 15 hours ago