My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- I wrote about history of prospects for life on Venus in 2012: mdpi.com/2075-1729/2/3/…. See this new story on it: space.com/33758-venus-ha… 17 hours ago
- From Hospitable to Hellish: Venus May Have Supported Life shar.es/1w78Su via @SPACEdotcom. Really interesting. 17 hours ago
- Are you kidding me? "Ken Ham Says Scientists Are Wrong About Life on Venus": christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-s… christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-s… 17 hours ago
- Hardly a day goes by that I don't receive an invitation to submit to a journal. Looks like much of this is a scam: ftc.gov/news-events/pr… 18 hours ago
- Retweeted The High Frontier (@thehighfrontier): A whole lot of history and knowledge represented by these... fb.me/4f5xAWbL6 18 hours ago