My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- RT @emily_margolis: Excited for my Ask N Expert talk @airandspace museum on Wednesday, August 5 @ noon. Meet at the museum seal to learn ab… 7 hours ago
- RT @HistoryPhysics: Your ms comes back "Revise and resubmit". #histsci What to do? fb.me/3LKyxXNkJ 7 hours ago
- Good story on Chinese space negotiations. spacepolicyonline.com/news/muted-res… 20 hours ago
- How weird is it that I woke up from a nightmare this morning about having to deal with another government shutdown at the Museum? 23 hours ago
- Watched "The Dead." Standard zombie film except for discussion of the US meddling in Africa: m.imdb.com/title/tt138692… 23 hours ago