Andy Chaikin relayed to me his distress in seeing the recent news stories claiming that Neil Armstrong lied to the world about when he made up his famous “One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind” quote. As a result Chaikin wrote an op-ed in response, which is now up on Space.com. He would like everyone to send this far and wide, to counteract the ridiculous statements that have been made in past days. I could not agree more!
- RT @airandspace: 55 Yrs Ago Today: TIROS-1, the world's 1st weather satellite, was launched. TIROS on display: ow.ly/L4yqJ http:… 7 hours ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The Birth of Modern Politics” wp.me/pwYu1-1Rb 16 hours ago
- Ames Celebrates the 40th Anniversary of Pioneer 10 flip.it/gG9uq 1 day ago
- Ancient hominids moved into Greece about 206,000 years ago sciencenews.org/article/ancien…. Interesting story. Quite illuminating. 1 day ago
- RT @ExplorationBlog: Books to read when my book is done. http://t.co/hbfH0l83EP 1 day ago