Andy Chaikin relayed to me his distress in seeing the recent news stories claiming that Neil Armstrong lied to the world about when he made up his famous “One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind” quote. As a result Chaikin wrote an op-ed in response, which is now up on Space.com. He would like everyone to send this far and wide, to counteract the ridiculous statements that have been made in past days. I could not agree more!
- Retweeted Phil Plait (@BadAstronomer): When stars die, they make giant flaming screaming skulls. Sometimes.... fb.me/8dM75xFou 7 hours ago
- RT @BadAstronomer: When stars die, they make giant flaming screaming skulls. Sometimes. slate.com/blogs/bad_astr… http://t.co/fEnoMrWfkk 7 hours ago
- Is America an Empire? warontherocks.com/2015/08/is-ame…. Of course, tell me something I didn't know. I wrote about this: launiusr.wordpress.com/2015/08/21/a-t… 13 hours ago
- 50th Anniversary: Mariner 2, The Venus Mission flip.it/CWgJR. Popular conception at time was that a Precambrian world existed there 13 hours ago
- Vin Scully to return to broadcast booth for 67th season with Dodgers flip.it/nTzSP. He's an Energizer bunny. 14 hours ago