Andy Chaikin relayed to me his distress in seeing the recent news stories claiming that Neil Armstrong lied to the world about when he made up his famous “One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind” quote. As a result Chaikin wrote an op-ed in response, which is now up on Space.com. He would like everyone to send this far and wide, to counteract the ridiculous statements that have been made in past days. I could not agree more!
- RT @airandspace: Today in 1972: Apollo 16 lunar module Orion landed on Moon in the Descartes Highlands: ow.ly/LQlyX http://t.co/… 16 hours ago
- The Mythology of the Lone Genius and American Aeronautics Policy wp.me/pwYu1-1SA 22 hours ago
- RT @NASAhistory: Short shorts alert! NACA @NASAglenn rec. basketball team from #today 1949 #NACA100 #TB go.nasa.gov/1IlR0d8 http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @rosannecash: A film is being made about songwriter Guy Clark, a mentor to me even though he may not know it. I contributed: https://t.c… 1 day ago
- I just mowed the lawn for the first time this year. I guess spring really is here. 1 day ago