Does anyone know the individual in this photograph? A friend forwarded this photograph to me asking if I could identify him. There are a couple of clues worth considering. The first is the date on the image, 1964, and the balloons in the the photo in the background are of an Echo II inflation test as depicted here. I think, but cannot verify, that the “G” in the image number is for NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. Project oversight for NASA’s Echo program did take place at Goddard. Some folks think it is a photo of a high ranking NASA official—that makes sense because it is clearly a studio shot—but who could it be? Any ideas?
- Announcing the Space Policy and History Forum #17, September 14, 2015 launiusr.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/ann… http://t.co/AZp2Kl0teJ fb.me/2Evto1oJM 1 day ago
- Announcing the Space Policy and History Forum #17, September 14,@2015 launiusr.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/ann… http://t.co/AZp2Kl0teJ 1 day ago
- Retweeted Phil Plait (@BadAstronomer): When stars die, they make giant flaming screaming skulls. Sometimes.... fb.me/8dM75xFou 3 days ago
- RT @BadAstronomer: When stars die, they make giant flaming screaming skulls. Sometimes. slate.com/blogs/bad_astr… http://t.co/fEnoMrWfkk 3 days ago
- Is America an Empire? warontherocks.com/2015/08/is-ame…. Of course, tell me something I didn't know. I wrote about this: launiusr.wordpress.com/2015/08/21/a-t… 3 days ago