Does anyone know the individual in this photograph? A friend forwarded this photograph to me asking if I could identify him. There are a couple of clues worth considering. The first is the date on the image, 1964, and the balloons in the the photo in the background are of an Echo II inflation test as depicted here. I think, but cannot verify, that the “G” in the image number is for NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. Project oversight for NASA’s Echo program did take place at Goddard. Some folks think it is a photo of a high ranking NASA official—that makes sense because it is clearly a studio shot—but who could it be? Any ideas?
- Mad Skills: How Historians Are Like Swiss Army Knives historians.org/publications-a… Excellent story on possibilities in public history. 1 hour ago
- A Breathless Survey of… launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/05/23/a-b… https://t.co/Zl0J5bpRUk 1 day ago
- NASA chief: Apollo engineers who criticize SLS don’t grok modern rocketry arstechnica.com/science/2016/0… 4 days ago
- Buzz Aldrin says NASA is going about Mars exploration the wrong way arstechnica.com/science/2016/0… Really? 4 days ago
- Early Ideas of Space Tourism launiusr.wordpress.com/2016/05/20/ear… https://t.co/6W2iYILhG9 fb.me/AVTyzsn9 4 days ago