Does anyone know the individual in this photograph? A friend forwarded this photograph to me asking if I could identify him. There are a couple of clues worth considering. The first is the date on the image, 1964, and the balloons in the the photo in the background are of an Echo II inflation test as depicted here. I think, but cannot verify, that the “G” in the image number is for NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. Project oversight for NASA’s Echo program did take place at Goddard. Some folks think it is a photo of a high ranking NASA official—that makes sense because it is clearly a studio shot—but who could it be? Any ideas?
- I wrote about history of prospects for life on Venus in 2012: mdpi.com/2075-1729/2/3/…. See this new story on it: space.com/33758-venus-ha… 4 hours ago
- From Hospitable to Hellish: Venus May Have Supported Life shar.es/1w78Su via @SPACEdotcom. Really interesting. 4 hours ago
- Are you kidding me? "Ken Ham Says Scientists Are Wrong About Life on Venus": christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-s… christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-s… 4 hours ago
- Hardly a day goes by that I don't receive an invitation to submit to a journal. Looks like much of this is a scam: ftc.gov/news-events/pr… 6 hours ago
- Retweeted The High Frontier (@thehighfrontier): A whole lot of history and knowledge represented by these... fb.me/4f5xAWbL6 6 hours ago