With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Joseph Smith III, the Reorganized Church Presidency, and Divine Appointment wp.me/pwYu1-1Py 16 hours ago
- Review of “From ‘Dirty Shirts’ to Buccaneers: The Battle of New Orleans in American Culture” flip.it/7wseG 1 day ago
- Mars Missions (Including NASA’s) Are A Scam buzzfeed.com/danvergano/mar… via @dvergano. Some reality on the ideas concerning human Mars missions. 2 days ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The Cowboy Hero” wp.me/pwYu1-1Pb 2 days ago
- My Top Ten Teams at the Start of Spring Training in 2015 wp.me/pwYu1-1Pn 4 days ago