With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- The South Carolina backcountry in mid 1780 flip.it/Shw8zg I enjoyed this interesting article. 3 hours ago
- A Napoleonic President and L'Affaire Comey flip.it/IWMK2S Interesting perspective. 1 day ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “A Little History of the World” launiusr.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/not… https://t.co/0B8A01PxQB 1 day ago
- Found a great photo of VfR member Max Valier's rocket racer in 1930 on-line at the Library of Congress. https://t.co/B2vuvbvYL8 2 days ago
- Song of the Day: Bruce Cockburn's "If I Had a Rocket Launcher" (1984) is a protest song about war and violence: youtu.be/O9HFjErMMlA 2 days ago