With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Announcing the Space Policy and History Forum #18 launiusr.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/ann… https://t.co/I8rZ9xMkZg fb.me/2B4ymWyhJ 7 hours ago
- Announcing the Space Policy and History Forum #18 launiusr.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/ann… https://t.co/I8rZ9xMkZg 7 hours ago
- Anyone attending #SHOT2016 in Singapore interested in a roundtable on what might a global history of spaceflight look like? #histtech @asif 1 day ago
- Retweeted SmithsonianAirSpace (@airandspace): Today in 1961: USS Enterprise (CVN 65), world’s 1st... fb.me/6YN1TK5vt 1 day ago
- RT @airandspace: Today in 1961: USS Enterprise (CVN 65), world’s 1st nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, was commissioned: https://t.co/YHPKD… 1 day ago