With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- RT @milesobrien: #NepalEarthquake aftermath a reminder of challenge predicting temblors. My @NewsHour story on this from 2011 is here http:… 7 hours ago
- When Google is your librarian and Starbucks your WiFi, do we still need public libraries? flip.it/3Q2AZ. Fascinating story! 8 hours ago
- RT @NASAhistory: Saturn 1 (SA-2) rocket test launched #today in 1962, its payload was called Project Highwater #SaturnSaturday http://t.co/… 9 hours ago
- Watched Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. What a mess. Sort of a Harry Potter clone with Percy as the son of Poseidon. m.imdb.com/title/tt185456… 20 hours ago
- RT @NASAhistory: #Today Minnesota Aviation Hall of Fame inducts Bob Gilruth – NACA and NASA – here being honored by JFK in 1962 http://t.co… 1 day ago