With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Public History: A Working Definition flip.it/tYR6P8. Thoughtful discussion of what public history means, and what it doesn't mean. 7 hours ago
- I wrote about history of prospects for life on Venus in 2012: mdpi.com/2075-1729/2/3/…. See this new story on it: space.com/33758-venus-ha… 1 day ago
- From Hospitable to Hellish: Venus May Have Supported Life shar.es/1w78Su via @SPACEdotcom. Really interesting. 1 day ago
- Are you kidding me? "Ken Ham Says Scientists Are Wrong About Life on Venus": christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-s… christianpost.com/news/ken-ham-s… 1 day ago
- Hardly a day goes by that I don't receive an invitation to submit to a journal. Looks like much of this is a scam: ftc.gov/news-events/pr… 1 day ago