Check out the short video on this page concerning the denials of the Moon landings. It’s a Smithsonian Channel documentary. The blurb for the program reads: “The 1960s were a turbulent decade full of civil unrest and political backlash. The Apollo Moon landing galvanized most of our polarized nation, but to some, the Vietnam War and Watergate scandal created suspicion of the government’s motives. These mounting suspicions led some to doubt that America’s moon landings were even real. Apollo astronauts and scientific experts reflect on NASA’s glorious achievement, and the shock of having their accomplishments questioned 40 years later.”
- Ten Great Improvised Scenes on Film
- Announcing the Publication of “Hubble’s Legacy: Reflections by Those Who Dreamed It, Built It, and Observed the Universe with It”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Turning the Black Sox White”
- Guaranteeing Aeronautical Innovation: Is that Possible?
- Are There Ways to Speed Up MLB Baseball Games?
- RT @airandspace: Today in 1933: International Air Races and Gordon Bennett Balloon Races began in Chicago. Advertising poster: http://t.co/… 18 hours ago
- RT @HUBBLE_space: ESA/Hubble #Flashback: A Change of Seasons on Saturn. More info at: ow.ly/AWXpA 18 hours ago
- My sister Debbie and her daughter Hadley checking the phone. Adrian looks on. http://t.co/fLzGmXaQ05 1 day ago
- RT @NewsFromSpace: #TISH 1Sep1970: NASA Administrator Paine decides to cut the Apollo 15 & 19 missions (remaining ones were renumbered) htt… 1 day ago
- RT @NewsFromSpace: MT @newscientist: Voyager 2 is phoning home with new views of the solar system's ragged edge ow.ly/ARDZo ht… 1 day ago