It’s the home opener for the Washington Nationals today so I thought it would be interesting to point readers to this blog post concerning two of my favorite subjects: baseball and aerospace. This post was written by archivist Elizabeth Borja of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum. Check out In the Batter’s Box for some pictures from 1956 of Kansas City Athletics team members and U.S. Air Force officials posing with some of the tools of their trades.
- Ten Great Improvised Scenes on Film
- Announcing the Publication of “Hubble’s Legacy: Reflections by Those Who Dreamed It, Built It, and Observed the Universe with It”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Turning the Black Sox White”
- Guaranteeing Aeronautical Innovation: Is that Possible?
- Are There Ways to Speed Up MLB Baseball Games?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.