It’s the home opener for the Washington Nationals today so I thought it would be interesting to point readers to this blog post concerning two of my favorite subjects: baseball and aerospace. This post was written by archivist Elizabeth Borja of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum. Check out In the Batter’s Box for some pictures from 1956 of Kansas City Athletics team members and U.S. Air Force officials posing with some of the tools of their trades.
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Historians of the American Frontier”
- The NACA Makes the Jet Engine both More Efficient and More Powerful
- The NACA and the Documenting of Progress in Aerodynamics
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The Astronauts Wives Club”
- Model Research in the NACA’s Wind Tunnels (And Some Full-Sized Efforts)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.