Phil Plait, creator of the “Bad Astronomy” website and outstanding science defender, has published an interesting article on the Slate.com website. “The Very, Very Thin Wedge of Denial” may be found here. The final paragraph is important: “The basic science of global warming is independent of party line. It doesn’t care if you’re left, right, black, white, straight, gay, pro-gun, pro-abortion rights, pro-GMO, or pro-vaccine. It’s real, and it affects all of us. Mission No. 1 is to get people to understand this, and then to get them to elect politicians who do as well.”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The U.S. War with Mexico: A Brief History with Documents”
- The Beatles Come to Kansas City, Fifty Years Ago
- Some Thoughts on Walter Cronkite and the Space Program
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Cooperstown Confidential: Heroes, Rogues, and the Inside Story of the Baseball Hall of Fame”
- Announcing: Space Policy and History Forum #13, September 22, 2014
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.