Phil Plait, creator of the “Bad Astronomy” website and outstanding science defender, has published an interesting article on the Slate.com website. “The Very, Very Thin Wedge of Denial” may be found here. The final paragraph is important: “The basic science of global warming is independent of party line. It doesn’t care if you’re left, right, black, white, straight, gay, pro-gun, pro-abortion rights, pro-GMO, or pro-vaccine. It’s real, and it affects all of us. Mission No. 1 is to get people to understand this, and then to get them to elect politicians who do as well.”
- Announcing Space Policy and History Forum #14: Commercial Spaceflight After the Antares and SpaceShipTwo Failures
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Looking South”
- Early Efforts to Preserve Apollo Landing Sites
- Spaceflight and the Preservation of the Physical Past
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “A Short History of Naval and Marine Engineering”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.