I wanted to alert you all to a blog conversation about a set of recent books on Russian/Soviet space history and culture that is being hosted by the “Russian History Blog.” The conversation, which will continue throughout this week, brings together scholars such as Lewis Siegelbaum, Roshanna Sylvester, Andrew Jenks, Anindita Banerjee, and Asif Siddiqi. I encourage all to participate through comments. Check it out here.
- Ten Great Improvised Scenes on Film
- Announcing the Publication of “Hubble’s Legacy: Reflections by Those Who Dreamed It, Built It, and Observed the Universe with It”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Turning the Black Sox White”
- Guaranteeing Aeronautical Innovation: Is that Possible?
- Are There Ways to Speed Up MLB Baseball Games?
- RT @airandspace: Today in 1933: International Air Races and Gordon Bennett Balloon Races began in Chicago. Advertising poster: http://t.co/… 18 hours ago
- RT @HUBBLE_space: ESA/Hubble #Flashback: A Change of Seasons on Saturn. More info at: ow.ly/AWXpA 18 hours ago
- My sister Debbie and her daughter Hadley checking the phone. Adrian looks on. http://t.co/fLzGmXaQ05 1 day ago
- RT @NewsFromSpace: #TISH 1Sep1970: NASA Administrator Paine decides to cut the Apollo 15 & 19 missions (remaining ones were renumbered) htt… 1 day ago
- RT @NewsFromSpace: MT @newscientist: Voyager 2 is phoning home with new views of the solar system's ragged edge ow.ly/ARDZo ht… 1 day ago