Last week I published an op-ed in Space News entitled “Lessons from Terrestrial Exploration for Earth Orbit.” It focused on the history of European expansion beginning in the fifteenth century and the outcomes of that effort. In the process, Western Civilization expanded around the globe moving from exploration to use. I see the same thing happening in low-Earth orbit. Check out the op-ed here.
- Announcing Space Policy and History Forum #14: Commercial Spaceflight After the Antares and SpaceShipTwo Failures
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Looking South”
- Early Efforts to Preserve Apollo Landing Sites
- Spaceflight and the Preservation of the Physical Past
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “A Short History of Naval and Marine Engineering”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.