Last week I published an op-ed in Space News entitled “Lessons from Terrestrial Exploration for Earth Orbit.” It focused on the history of European expansion beginning in the fifteenth century and the outcomes of that effort. In the process, Western Civilization expanded around the globe moving from exploration to use. I see the same thing happening in low-Earth orbit. Check out the op-ed here.
- Homer Newell and the Beginnings of the NASA Space Science Program wp.me/pwYu1-1Jy 3 hours ago
- Bert Acosta and the "Golden Age of Flight" wp.me/pwYu1-1J8 3 days ago
- RT @TheHistoryFeed: "#Document Deep Dive: How the #HomesteadAct Transformed America " buff.ly/13Z432w #HistoryFeed #History #Primary… 4 days ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Empire and Science in the Making” wp.me/pwYu1-1Jq 5 days ago
- RT @ESA_History: #OTD 14 Oct 1969 #Apollo11 crew Mike Collins, Neil Armstrong & @TheRealBuzz meet HM Queen Elizabeth 2 in London http://t.c… 5 days ago