Last week I published an op-ed in Space News entitled “Lessons from Terrestrial Exploration for Earth Orbit.” It focused on the history of European expansion beginning in the fifteenth century and the outcomes of that effort. In the process, Western Civilization expanded around the globe moving from exploration to use. I see the same thing happening in low-Earth orbit. Check out the op-ed here.
- RT @NASAhistory: And here's what the new boss (Administrator Glennan) had to say to his staff #OTD 1958. go.nasa.gov/1v6nW2g 5 hours ago
- Giving talk at IAF on Friday on preservation of lunar landing sites. Should be fun. 13 hours ago
- On my way to Toronto for the IAF meeting. Giving talk on railroads and the space program in history session tomorrow. 13 hours ago
- RT @SpcPlcyOnline: Commercial Space Dominates IAC2014 Day Two spacepolicyonline.com/news/commercia… 13 hours ago
- RT @AllBaseballNews: ESPN.com: Royals Rally For Wild-Card Walk-Off Win es.pn/1mOOO7N #mlb 13 hours ago