My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Ten Great Improvised Scenes on Film
- Announcing the Publication of “Hubble’s Legacy: Reflections by Those Who Dreamed It, Built It, and Observed the Universe with It”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Turning the Black Sox White”
- Guaranteeing Aeronautical Innovation: Is that Possible?
- Are There Ways to Speed Up MLB Baseball Games?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.