My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- RT @NewsFromSpace: .@SpaceflightNow: Satellites critical to collecting evidence in #MH17 tragedy goo.gl/lbIKY0 11 hours ago
- RT @ScienceNewsOrg: Dinosaurs may have all bundled up in flashy feather coats, new fossils suggest: ow.ly/zxTGf http://t.co/suMf… 11 hours ago
- RT @ncph: New History@Work: Humanities at the Crossroads: The Indiana case study: Editor’s Note: This is the fourth piec... http://t.co/UPL… 11 hours ago
- RT @isalara: Sunrise in DC today. http://t.co/x2aeEGve1C 11 hours ago
- Edward P. Warner and the Transformation of Aeronautics in America wp.me/pwYu1-1Em 16 hours ago