My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- As firefighters rescue World Series tickets from Mission Hills home, George Brett appears kansascity.com/news/local/art…. Amazing. He's everywhere, 6 hours ago
- Great WS game last night. Really enjoyed watching George Brett live and die with every Royals play. Good to see him again. Great player. 6 hours ago
- I just reviewed: 'U.S. Environmentalism since 1945: A Brief History with Documents' amazon.com/review/R2H4YQ7… via @amazon 8 hours ago
- RT @tannahillglen: ...We few, we happy few, we band of scholars; for he today that shares his data with me shall be my coauthor #ShakesPeer… 9 hours ago
- I just uploaded 'Hubble’s Legacy: Reflections by Those Who Dreamed It, Built It, and Observed th...' to @academia! academia.edu/8935948/Hubble… 1 day ago