My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- RT @JacquelynGill: Anderson: Aristotle didn't just collect facts; he organized them. This locked the Western world into an idea of fixed or… 16 minutes ago
- RT @waynehale: Very sad news from California. No words. Prayers only 20 minutes ago
- RT @SteveGrzanich: From #SpaceShipTwo crash site via @CBSNews feed #space http://t.co/XVw2ecDKcR 58 minutes ago
- RT @SarcasticRover: Think good thoughts for #SpaceShipTwo : Don't forget there are heroes amongst you. 58 minutes ago
- RT @ikluft: RT @AP: BREAKING: California Highway Patrol reports 1 fatality, 1 major injury after #SpaceShipTwo accident. #newspace #Mojave 1 hour ago