My longtime friend and fellow Mormon history researcher Dan Vogel has produced a really interesting video on Joseph Smith and the acquisition of the plates from which he claimed to have translated the Book of Mormon. These were, according to Smith, anciently engraved gold plates, which he took from a stone box in the side of a hill near his home in Manchester, New York. Smith refused to allow anyone to see these plates, except for some very carefully chosen advocates. This video presents the story of Joseph Smith’s bringing the plates home in September 1827.
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Orbit of Discovery: The All-Ohio Space Shuttle Mission”
- The NACA’s Quietly Effective Director of Research: George W. Lewis
- Proposed Historical Paper: “The Battle over Cosmology in Recent America: Intelligent Designers, Science Communicators, and the Home Schooling Movement”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Boiling Mad: Inside Tea Party America”
- Re-Direct: “NASA-Russia Cooperation: What You Need To Know”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.