With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Giving talk at IAF on Friday on preservation of lunar landing sites. Should be fun. 1 hour ago
- On my way to Toronto for the IAF meeting. Giving talk on railroads and the space program in history session tomorrow. 1 hour ago
- RT @SpcPlcyOnline: Commercial Space Dominates IAC2014 Day Two spacepolicyonline.com/news/commercia… 1 hour ago
- RT @AllBaseballNews: ESPN.com: Royals Rally For Wild-Card Walk-Off Win es.pn/1mOOO7N #mlb 1 hour ago
- RT @AllBaseballNews: New at MLB.com: Resilient Royals refuse to lose in AL Wild Card atmlb.com/1nJRy7l #mlb 1 hour ago