With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Willa Brown: Out from the Shadows of Aeronautical History wp.me/pwYu1-1MC 4 hours ago
- RT @bnjacobs: Seriously, does space get more badass than this? #NASA #JourneyToMars instagram.com/p/wwPYhzlYs0/ 17 hours ago
- Very expensive space flight is the one thing Republicans and Democrats agree on. By @BoerDeng slate.com/articles/healt… via @slate 21 hours ago
- RT @airandspace: Take a 3D tour of the 1903 Wright Flyer: ow.ly/G1nLE http://t.co/ojBVotUKZm 1 day ago
- jezebel.com/mom-calls-c-sp…. This is brilliant. Mom "calls down" her two sons on TV over political disagreements. 1 day ago