With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Reclaiming History for the Future shar.es/1mRyZF via @chronicle. Fine piece by David Armitage on history, publics, and the future. 14 hours ago
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Buffalo Bill on the Silver Screen” wp.me/pwYu1-1Ju 22 hours ago
- RT @timmermansr: But Space Shuttle Discovery is the highlight of this most awesome spacehall in the world! Only at @airandspace http://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @airandspace: Thanks to Capt. James A. Lovell for serving as honorary chair of the #airandspacecampaign: ow.ly/D7F2p http://t… 1 day ago
- RT @dvergano: RT @volcanojw: Jobs! Be @NSF's Public Affairs Specialist for New Media (please) usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDet… 1 day ago