With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Re-Direct: Guide to Online Academic Research
- Historical Analogies and the Commercial Development of Space
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Debunked! ESP, Telekinesis, and other Pseudoscience”
- Announcement: Space Policy and History Forum # 11, March 10, 2014, Washington, D.C.
- Announcement: Lecture on “Exoplanets and the Real Search for Alien Life” by Sara Seager
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.