With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- Proposed Historical Paper: “The Battle over Cosmology in Recent America: Intelligent Designers, Science Communicators, and the Home Schooling Movement”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Boiling Mad: Inside Tea Party America”
- Re-Direct: “NASA-Russia Cooperation: What You Need To Know”
- Announcement: Mutual Concerns of Air and Space Museums Conference, April 11-14, 2014
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The Ageless Generation: How Advances in Biomedicine Will Transform the Global Economy”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.