With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- One for the Record Books: The Stardust Sample Return Mission
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “The U.S. War with Mexico: A Brief History with Documents”
- The Beatles Come to Kansas City, Fifty Years Ago
- Some Thoughts on Walter Cronkite and the Space Program
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Cooperstown Confidential: Heroes, Rogues, and the Inside Story of the Baseball Hall of Fame”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.