With the stupendous success of Curiosity’s landing on Mars in the wee morning hours of August 6, 2012, I though it appropriate to show this video of the landing of the Spirit rover from 2004. Partly animation and partly live action video, it is an exciting rendition of how NASA used air bags to deliver the rover to the Martian surface. It is well-worth the 6 minutes, 33 seconds needed to watch the video from launched to touchdown. Enjoy.
- As firefighters rescue World Series tickets from Mission Hills home, George Brett appears kansascity.com/news/local/art…. Amazing. He's everywhere, 9 hours ago
- Great WS game last night. Really enjoyed watching George Brett live and die with every Royals play. Good to see him again. Great player. 9 hours ago
- I just reviewed: 'U.S. Environmentalism since 1945: A Brief History with Documents' amazon.com/review/R2H4YQ7… via @amazon 11 hours ago
- RT @tannahillglen: ...We few, we happy few, we band of scholars; for he today that shares his data with me shall be my coauthor #ShakesPeer… 12 hours ago
- I just uploaded 'Hubble’s Legacy: Reflections by Those Who Dreamed It, Built It, and Observed th...' to @academia! academia.edu/8935948/Hubble… 1 day ago