I published a blog post on the National Air and Space Museum this morning on the 100th anniversary of the birth of Wernher von Braun. For anyone who might be interested in reading that post it is here. I wanted to introduce some balance to the heavily celebratory posts I have seen elsewhere. Comments?
- Ten Great Improvised Scenes on Film
- Announcing the Publication of “Hubble’s Legacy: Reflections by Those Who Dreamed It, Built It, and Observed the Universe with It”
- Wednesday’s Book Review: “Turning the Black Sox White”
- Guaranteeing Aeronautical Innovation: Is that Possible?
- Are There Ways to Speed Up MLB Baseball Games?
- RT @TheHistoryFeed: #HistoryFeed featured #PrimarySource : Letter from President Eisenhower to E. E. “Swede” Hazlett buff.ly/155xZHt 3 hours ago
- RT @airandspace: Today in 1933: International Air Races and Gordon Bennett Balloon Races began in Chicago. Advertising poster: http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @HUBBLE_space: ESA/Hubble #Flashback: A Change of Seasons on Saturn. More info at: ow.ly/AWXpA 1 day ago
- My sister Debbie and her daughter Hadley checking the phone. Adrian looks on. http://t.co/fLzGmXaQ05 1 day ago
- RT @NewsFromSpace: #TISH 1Sep1970: NASA Administrator Paine decides to cut the Apollo 15 & 19 missions (remaining ones were renumbered) htt… 1 day ago